Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Less than 20 days left? Woah baby!

Hard to believe that my time here is seriously winding down, and this will be even more official after this Friday when I take my last exam. Having school completely done will be so great, because then I can completely relax and do nothing- which I plan on fully doing.

My other finals were all last Monday and Tuesday, and I think they went fairly well. The class that I learned the most from (and the one that I'm really glad to be done with) was my Latin American History class. It was extremely interesting, but as a Psych major I don't really have the history background that I needed for the class material. My Prado art class was pretty cool, but it got fairly redundant considering the art was all from the Barroque period, and pretty much looked the same. I definitely recommend the Prado museum though, and especially all of the works by Goya, my favorite painter that we studied. My spanish film class was self explanatory and not too challenging, and the movies were all pretty good- if you haven't seen "Volver" yet it is a must!

For my complutense classes, my Greek Mythology final was on Tuesday and it was an oral exam with our professor, which I was very nervous for. In our classes there is very little student participation, so we don't get to practice a lot of our spanish. Speaking with him was intimidating, but I knew the material and was prepared, which is all that matters! He said I did very well and he was happy to have the Americans in his class. My final on Friday is for my Grammar/Syntax class and I am a little nervous for it- I'm basically just hoping to pass this class and be done with it, so hopefully that will work out.

We had our final group dinner which was really fun- it's so funny to think back to the first dinner we had, our first week here. Everyone was so nervous and shy- and so lost! I felt like I was so overwhelmed and not going to do well in my new environment. Crazy how six months later, we're sitting at dinner laughing, visiting with all our friends, etc. I feel very comfortable here, which is exactly what I wanted to achieve.Today we went to a pool near our piso and layed out all day- it was a beautiful day and I got some great color- which is awesome because come on! I AM in Spain! If I came home pale, people would be disappointed, haha. It was fun though to people watch- saw way too many old men in speedos and young girls sunbathing topless than I had planned, but such is Europe.

Going to London VERY soon to see Whitney which I can't wait for!!! It will be the perfect end to my time abroad.

Mmkay all for now! Congrats to my little brother Joey for graduating high school! Welcome to the "We Survived New Trier Club!" Love you!

1 comment:

shelley fabrizio said...

ok... now I am crying.. thanks for the update.. you rock! be safe and good luck on the final final final español exam. love you ... I guess I need to start getting my crap out of your room. ha.. never! mommasita