Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Beginning of the End..

Been spending the past few days hanging out with the girls and trying not to think about having to say goodbye to everyone. We've really been enjoying ourselves though- nights out, dinners, brunches, and we've also been spending a lot of time at the pool- really the only way to enjoy the heat in Madrid. Plus being students we get a discount, so it's a great way to save money!


Other than that I haven't been doing a whole lot. I finished up with school last Friday, which was awesome, so I've mostly just been bumming around, waiting to hear back on my grades. Kate left yesterday for 12 days in Italy, so I've had the room to myself. It's weird though, and kind of lonely. My other roommates are so in and out because of their work, so it's just been me here, really. Not that I'm complaining- but it's still weird. I'm so looking forward to next year though, since Kate and I both go to Purdue. It will be awesome having someone around who went through the same program as me, who I can talk to if ever I feel nostalgic- I really couldn't have made it through without her.

I guess overall I'm feeling very conflicted about leaving. I sent my mom an email attempting to explain all of this:

"Spain was so challenging and frustrating..but it's weird to think that I am leaving it- and all of my friends. I've adjusted so much to the schedule, the layout, the people, the language...and at the same time I feel like I am still lost sometimes and haven't learned a thing. And it's weird because I have no idea when I'll be back- in Spain, and in Europe. But I am also so ready to come home and be back in familiar territory, with the people who know me the best, and try
to assume a life of normalcy again. I feel like I am going back to the real world after living in a dream land for 5 and a half months and I am not quit sure how I feel about it.

But I do want you to know that I have loved it here- the good, the bad, and the really bad- it was all such an experience and one that I believe has changed me for the better. I have been spending a lot of time with the girls and trying to get out as much as possible in Madrid. I'm really looking forward to London, and to see Whitney- I think it will be a nice
transition into hearing English all the time, and it will be so nice to see a familiar face from home."

So I guess that about sums it all up. I'm leaving for London on Thursday and I can't wait to see Whitney! After that it's really adios, and I'll be heading home for good. When I get back I'll update my photo site, and update my blog with stuff from London. Looking forward to seeing everyone at home!

1 comment:

shelley fabrizio said...

so sweet!!! I love you and do believe you have learned so much! Daddy and I very proud of you and your accomplishments.